LEADERS IN TRAINING (LIT)
The Leaders in Training program allows teens the opportunity to enjoy a summer of fun while learning the ropes of being on the camp staff. They will get to train with veteran camp staff and create relationships with camp kids and other LITs.
Candidates will need to fill out an application, get two letters of recommendation and attend a group interview prior to summer camp starting.
Dates & Times: June 3-August 2; 6:30 am-6:00 pm
Registration Fees: $25 per child through April 30; $45 per child beginning May 1
Deposit: $10 per child per week
Facility Member Weekly Rate: $131 per child
Program Member Weekly Rate: $156 per child
Step 1: LIT applications must be returned with 2 letters of recommendation. Teachers, coaches, mentors, religious leaders and employers are all excellent choices for letters of recommendation. We do not recommend references from family members.
Step 2: Group interviews will be conducted .
Step 3: Placement decisions will be based on the application, interviews and reference forms.
ARE YOU READY TO BE AN L.I.T.?
- Am I between the ages of 13-15?
- Do I have a sincere desire to work with children?
- Would I like the opportunity to develop and improve my leadership ability?
- Do I enjoy learning in a hands-on environment?
- Am I ready to become a role model for younger children?
- Can I handle the responsibility of being a camp counselor?
- Am I ready to put campers' needs ahead of my own?
- Am I ready to create camp magic?
- Do I have the ability to work well with others in a variety of situations?
If you've answered "Yes" to the above questions, then the LIT program may be a great opportunity for you!
For more information, please contact Ashley Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 812.206.7892.