Actively Changing Together! (ACT!) is an evidence-based healthy-lifestyle program to help overweight youth and their families make sustainable health behavior change. The program aims to help youth and their guardians make changes in activity and eating that can benefit their health and well-being.
Studies have shown that the program is cost-efficient and effective in reducing a child's body mass index and waist circumference, reducing sedentary behaviors, increasing physical activity and improving self-esteem.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
- 90 minute sessions once per week for 12 weeks
- 30 minutes: physical activity for parents and children together
- 30 minutes separate parent/guardian and child groups
- 30 minutes nutrition and meal together
- Program will run in the spring and fall
- Families are encouraged to attend both programs
DOES YOUR CHILD QUALIFY?
- Youth or teen ages 8-14
- At least one parent/guardian must participate
- Referral from any licensed healthcare provider
- Body mass index (BMI) of the 85th percentile or higher (use calculator below to determine BMI)
The base cost is $249 for the 12-week program. Financial assistance and payment plans are available for those who qualify.
For more information and to register, please contact Sarah Van Heiden at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502.587.2112 or complete the form below.