OLDHAM COUNTY FAMILY YMCA ORCAS
The Oldham County YMCA Orca Swim Team is dedicated to the progress and development of young swimmers, ages 6 to 18 (6 year olds must have a parent present at practice and meets at all times). It is a fun, positive, and energetic program that helps promote the sport of swimming through Christian principles that help build a healthy mind, body and spirit for all.
Please call the Oldham County Family YMCA at 502.222.9358 or stop by the branch in person to register.
IMPORTANT DATES & INFORMATION
- Must be a YMCA facility member to participate on the swim team
- Participants will practice on Monday, Wednesday and Friday during one of three practice times, depending on ability level. Some Saturday practices may be scheduled by the coach for special workouts from 8:00-9:00 am.
- 10 years and under must be able to swim 25 yd each freestyle & backstroke and demonstrate breast & butterfly. 11 years and up must swim 100 yd freestyle and 100 IM.
- Try-outs for all new swimmers or those unsure of meeting swim requirements for any open spots will be held Dec.17 between 6 pm-7pm m OR Dec. 19 between 5 pm and 6 pm. Choose one day & register with us online, by phone, in-person. If you were on the team in previous years there’s no need to tryout, but everyone must register by January 2nd, 2019
- Looking for how to take care of your swim goggles? Check out this helpful article from Kiefer Swim Products.
Registration Window: October 1, 2018-January 2, 2019
New Swimmer Tryouts: December 17 or 19
Mandatory Parent Meeting: January 6, 2019; 4:30 pm-5:30 pm
First Practice: January 7, 2019
Practice Days and Times: Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays:
- Beginners 4 pm-4:55 pm
- Intermediate 4:55 pm-5:55 pm
- Advanced 5:55 pm-6:55 pm
For more information, please contact Beth Kempf at email@example.com or at 502.222.9358.