OLDHAM COUNTY FAMILY YMCA ORCAS
The Oldham County YMCA Orca Swim Team is dedicated to the progress and development of young swimmers, ages 6 to 18 (6 year olds must have a parent present at practice and meets at all times). It is a fun, positive, and energetic program that helps promote the sport of swimming through Christian principles that help build a healthy mind, body and spirit for all.
Please call the Oldham County Family YMCA at 502.222.9358 or stop by the branch in person to register.
The cost is $265 for the season. Sibling discount of $50 off total fee for additional siblings in the same household. Monthly drafts required or you may pay in full. Participants must sign up for the entire season.
IMPORTANT DATES & INFORMATION
- Must be a YMCA facility member to participate on the swim team
- Participants will practice on Monday, Wednesday and Friday during one of three practice times, depending on ability level. Some Saturday practices may be scheduled by the coach for special workouts.
- 10 years and under must be able to swim 25 yd each freestyle & backstroke and demonstrate breast & butterfly. 11 years and up must swim 100 yd freestyle and 100 IM.
- Try-outs for all new swimmers or those unsure of meeting swim requirements for any open spots will be held Dec.17 between 6 pm-7pm m OR Dec. 19 between 5 pm and 6 pm. Choose one day & register with us online, by phone, in-person. If you were on the team in previous years there’s no need to tryout, but everyone must register by January 2nd, 2019
- Looking for how to take care of your swim goggles? Check out this helpful article from Kiefer Swim Products.
Registration Window: November 1, 2019-January 3, 2020
New Swimmer Tryouts: December 9 and December 11, 7 pm-8 pm each night
Mandatory Parent Meeting: January 5, 2020; 4 pm-5 pm
First Practice: January 8, 2020
Practice Days and Times: Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays:
- Beginners 4 pm-4:55 pm
- Intermediate 4:55 pm-5:55 pm
- Advanced 5:55 pm-6:55 pm
For more information, please contact Beth Kempf at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 502.222.9358.