HEALTHY IN A HURRY CORNER STORES
The Y has partnered with the Louisville Department of Public Health and Wellness along with the Center for Health Equity for our Healthy In A Hurry Corner Store initiative that addresses the lack of fresh produce and vegetables in low income areas of our community. The initiative is grant funded and has provided the infrastructure and expertise for three stores to carry fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Farm Boy Food Mart at 1800 W. Oak Street
- Parkway Food Mart at 1201 W. Hill Street
- Shawnee Market at 208 Amy Avenue
- Webb Market at 944 E. Muhammad Ali Boulevard
- Happy Food Mart at 1201 Cecil Avenue
- Curtis Market at 2720 Duncan Street
1. Apply to become a Healthy in a Hurry Corner Store. Our initiative provides financial and technical assistance to corner stores interested in selling fresh and affordable fruits and vegetables. Healthy in a Hurry is a great business decision as well as a chance to build a healthier community by giving the customers the option to make a healthier choice.
2. Market & promote healthy foods in your store. Labeling healthy foods is a great way to help your customers make the healthy choice. Healthy labels are available at no cost to you!
3. Join the Association of Healthy Corner Store Owners. Learn from other corner store owners who have successfully taken the steps to making their business a health one. The association meets annually to discuss best practices for distribution, stocking, selling, while promoting heathy fruits, vegetables and other healthy products.
WANT MORE INFO?