LIVESTRONG AT THE YMCA
PROGRAM CURRENTLY SUSPENDED
This program is currently suspended. We hope to resume this program once it is safe to do so.
LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA is a free program tailored to meet the specific needs of adult cancer survivors who would like to improve or reclaim their health and well-being before, during and after treatment. By focusing on the whole person and not the disease, LIVESTRONG at the YMCA helps participants move beyond cancer in spirit, mind and body.
The 12-week small group exercise and support program meets twice per week with certified instructors who have completed specialized YMCA of the USA training in the elements of cancer, rehabilitative exercise and supportive cancer care.
Participants in the LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program receive a complimentary 3-month Y membership for themselves and their family or a caregiver.
- Increase flexibility and endurance
- Enhance functional ability to do everyday tasks
- Improve energy levels and build muscle mass and strength
- Reduce severity of any side effects or limitations from surgery or therapy
- Develop an on-going physical fitness program, not only as a part of recovery but as a way of life
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION
- Strong personal desire and commitment to participate in the program
- Medical release for participation from doctor
For more information about LIVESTRONG at the YMCA at the Southeast Family YMCA, please contact Tom Whortan at email@example.com or at 502.491.9622.