BLACK ACHIEVERSThe goal of the YMCA Black Achievers Program is to provide leadership for teens in grades eight through twelve. There are no scholastic requirements to enroll.
What Does the Program Accomplish?
- Youth are motivated to succeed in school and gain marketable skills.
- Youth are prepared to enter the job market through company or corporate internship programs.
- Adults are recognized by their peers as adult achievers and given the opportunity to serve as role models for youth in the program.
- Corporations are provided with a vehicle through which to support urban youth. Thus, enhancing their corporate image and helping to build a future workforce of competent, motivated young adults.
- The YMCA, through which the program is implemented, gains support from corporations and colleges for its programs and scholarships. And also provides professionals with the opportunity for community service.
YMCA Youth AchieversThe YMCA Youth Outreach Program at the Chestnut Street Family Branch gets youth involved in positive activities from an early age.
The program focuses on age-appropriate academic and cultural learning experiences. Components include:
- Youth Achievers (kindergarten through 8th grade)
- Y-Divas Sister Friends
- Y-MOD Young Men of Distinction
- CIT (Counselors In Training)
- Teen Leaders Club
- Youth Services - Kids Cafe (Tuesday - Thursday 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm)
- Youth Sports (Seasonal)
- YMCA Track & Field Program (Spring & Summer)
- Dance Class (Jazz, Ballet, African, Hip-Hop)
- Step Team & Cheerleading (Seasonal)
- Day Camp