LEADERS IN TRAINING (LIT)
The Leaders in Training Program (LIT) will provide participants ages 13-15 the opportunity to learn readily-applicable leadership skills that go beyond just camp. Participants will spend part of their time doing hands-on work at camp, such as leading games and crafts or helping camp staff with other activities. The 2nd half of the day, they will spend time learning about important leadership skills whether on a field trip or through activities. LITs will always be with an adult counselor.
SUMMER ADVENTURE UPDATE Summer Adventure will begin in Kentucky on June 15. Due to differing state guidelines, full-day summer programs at Clark County will begin on May 18 and Floyd County on May 26. Review our policies to keep your children and our staff healthy this summer.
We are working diligently to ensure a fun, safe, and healthy summer for children and staff at the Y. If you have already registered for camp, we kindly ask you to let us know if you still plan to attend for all the weeks for which you are currently registered, or if your summer plans have changed to help us be sure we plan appropriately.
If for any reason you are unable to attend a week for which you are registered, simply notify us one week before the start of that session to receive a full refund of all payments made or stop the upcoming draft payment. In order to plan appropriately for staff, supplies and capacities, it is critical we can accurately anticipate enrollment and attendance. If you do not contact us in advance, we will be unable to provide a credit/refund for any fees paid for that week.
WAYS TO SAVE ON SUMMER ADVENTURE
Dates & Times: June 1-July 24; 6:30 am-6:00 pm
Registration Fees: $25 per child through May 8, $45 per child beginning May 9
Deposit: $10 per child per week
Facility Member Weekly Rate: $131 per child
Program Member Weekly Rate: $156 per child
Participants in the LIT program work under the same ground rules as all staff members, such as the following:
- They provide meaningful assistance while they are in camp
- They are well-groomed
- They act in line with YMCA ethics, values, and standards
- They use only appropriate language or gestures
- They do not criticize the camp, campers, or staff openly, but share constructive criticism with staff, and follow the proper chain of command
- They always treat children well
- They will refrain from phone usage during camp hours unless during a designated time.
LIT APPLICATION PROCESS
All LIT Campers must complete an application and be approved before they can register for the program.
1. LIT applications must be returned with 2 letters of recommendation. Teachers, coaches, mentors, religious leaders and employers are all excellent choices for letters of recommendation. We do not recommend references from family members.
2. Placement decisions will be based on the application, and reference forms. Those who have been accepted into the program will need to attend the LIT and Parent Meeting. Space is limited for Leader in Training Program and not everyone who applies will be accepted.
To submit your LIT Application:
Please drop your application at the Clark County Family YMCA during open hours of:
Monday-Friday: 5:00 am-10:00 pm
Saturday-Sunday: 8:00 am-6:00 pm
or mail your application form to:
Clark County Family YMCA
4812 Hamburg Pike
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Attn: Vera McGhee
Applications may also be submitted via email to email@example.com.
For more information and to register, please contact Vera McGhee at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 812.283.9622.
SUMMER ADVENTURE PARENT HANDBOOK
The parent handbook is designed to give a comprehensive understanding of the mission of the Y, policies and procedures associated with Summer Adventure, and much more.
YMCA CAMP PIOMINGO OVERNIGHT CAMP - CANCELLED FOR SUMMER 2020
YMCA Camp Piomingo has been providing community, friendship and fun for over 75 years! You'll build relationships and self-confidence while forming other skills too, from horseback riding, rock climbing and swimming to art and drama. We have so many things for you to explore. Learn more by visiting
Camp Piomingo's website.
MEMBERSHIP MEANS MORE AT THE Y
You have chosen a fun and unique experience for your child during the summer; why not
treat your family to a Y membership? A membership can save you $10-$25 per week on summer childcare fees, in addition to reduced rates on before-and-after-school child care, youth sports, swim lessons and more! Spend more quality family time being active together at the Y!