YMCA STATE APPROVED ESSENTIAL WORKERS - COVID-19 CHILD CARE SERVICES
The YMCA of Greater Louisville, in cooperation with officials in Kentucky and Indiana, is offering full-day, weekday childcare to our area’s state-approved essential workers. Eligible employees can register for their preferred location online (below) or by calling 502.587.9622.
State-approved essential workers eligible for emergency childcare vary by state. Employment verification is required. Please use the links below to find state-approved essential employees in Kentucky and Indiana:
The cost is $40 per day and payment is required at registration to secure a spot for your child. These employers are helping cover a percentage of this cost for their employees:
- UofL Healthcare
- St. Joseph CHI
- Infinity - Landmark
- Robley Rex VAMC
- Hosparus Health
- New Directions Housing Corporation
Ask your employer for specific details.
Employers interested in covering a percentage of this cost for their employees should contact the YMCA at 502 855 6105 or email@example.com.
ELIGIBLE EMPLOYEES MAY CHOOSE A LOCATION TO REGISTER ONLINE OR CALL 502 587 9622
- Bullitt County Family YMCA (ages 5-12)
- Clark County Family YMCA (ages 3-12)
- Floyd County Family YMCA (ages 3-12)
- Northeast Family YMCA (ages 3-12)
- Republic Bank Foundation YMCA (ages 3-12)
RATES AND AGES
Rates: $40 per child per day
Ages: Ages 3-12 unless otherwise specified (children must be potty-trained)
Childcare Times: (M-F) 6:30 AM - 6 PM
3C vouchers accepted. This care is FREE (costs and copays covered by the state) for all eligible essential employees with a current 3C contract. Please call 502 564 2524 to update your contract provider to the YMCA of Greater Louisville prior to registering. To register, please call 502 587 9722.
WHAT PARENTS CAN EXPECT
- Small groups (under 10) to increase social distancing
- Regular cleaning of surfaces and touch points
- Curbside drop-off/pick-up
- Well check prior to check-in
- Register by the day or by the week
- Activities to encourage movement, creativity and fun!
- Access to tools for students to complete distance learning
FIRST DAY ESSENTIALS
- Change of clothes
- Suntan lotion / preparation for outdoor weather
- Packed Lunch
- Pillow and blanket for quiet time - ages 5 and under
- School-assigned work / Chromebook / tablet