LEADERS IN TRAINING (LIT)
The Leaders in Training program allows teens the opportunity to enjoy a summer of fun while learning the ropes of being on the camp staff. Every Wednesday, the LIT's will have a day off to enjoy a special field trip.
Candidates will need to fill out an application, get two letters of recommendation and attend a group interview prior to summer camp starting.
Step 1: LIT applications must be returned with 2 letters of recommendation by Friday, May 4. Teachers, coaches, mentors, religious leaders and employers are all excellent choices for letters of recommendation. We do not recommend references from family members.
Step 2: Group interviews will be conducted Thursday, May 10, from 6:15 pm-7:15 pm at the Floyd County Family YMCA.
Step 3: Placement decisions will be based on the application, interviews and reference forms. Decisions will be made no later than Monday, May 14. Those who have been accepted into the program will need to attend the LIT and Parent Meeting on Thursday, May 17. Space is limited and not everyone who applies will be accepted. Approximately 22 LITs will be hired for the summer.
ARE YOU READY TO BE AN L.I.T.?
- Am I between the ages of 13-15?
- Do I have a sincere desire to work with children?
- Would I like the opportunity to develop and improve my leadership ability?
- Do I enjoy learning in a hands-on environment?
- Am I ready to become a role model for younger children?
- Can I handle the responsibility of being a camp counselor?
- Am I ready to put campers' needs ahead of my own?
- Am I ready to create camp magic?
- Do I have the ability to work well with others in a variety of situations?
If you've answered "Yes" to the above questions, then the LIT program may be a great opportunity for you!
For more information, please contact Taylor Heise at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 812.206.7892.