CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER REOPENING GUIDE
IMPORTANT COVID-19 MEMBER UPDATE
A current Executive Order requires the wearing of face masks IN ALL AREAS, AT ALL TIMES while at the YMCA. This includes while you are working out (except while swimming). Guidelines vary in Indiana and masks are not required during cardio workouts or while swimming.
The Y is working diligently with safety as our guide in order to provide a healthy environment in all of our child-serving programs. We have been working with internal experts, as well as local and state officials to address issues related to social distancing, sanitizing requirements and wellness checks for staff and participants. Please keep in mind, these guidelines are subject to change based on new information or additional guidance from health officials.
CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTERS: WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
GENERAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
- Touch-free drop-off and pick-up to reduce contacts and touch points. Parents will be asked to remain in their vehicles, unless they are dropping off infants and toddlers.
- A centralized drop-off and pick-up location will be established for infants and toddlers.
- Daily wellness screenings, including temperature checks at check-in and throughout the day, for staff and participants. Children or staff with a fever or symptoms of illness will not be permitted to stay.
- If your child has experienced flu-like symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has symptoms, please keep them home.
- Social and cohort (group) distancing implemented to the extent possible.
- Significantly increased attention to hygiene practices, including more frequent hand washing.
- Routine cleaning and sanitizing of hard surfaces, high traffic areas, and touch points throughout the day.
- Staff will be required to wear appropriate face covering. Staff are required to wear gloves while feeding, holding, changing diapers, preparing/serving food, preparing bottles, and cleaning/sanitizing.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations will be added throughout sites.
- Children who develop a fever or symptoms of illness will be isolated and a parent/guardian will be contacted for immediate pick-up. Cleaning protocols will be immediately implemented in any area the child was in.
- Enhanced, deep cleaning of the Center will occur nightly.
- Touch points will be sanitized along the travel route after each transition.
- Outside playgrounds will be sanitized before and after each use by a group.
- Children’s items such as blankets, extra clothing, and sleep toys must remain at the Center and will be laundered and stored in individual, sealed containers.
- All classrooms will be equipped for hand washing/hand sanitizing. Where sinks are available, we will use hand washing.
- Teach and encourage good handwashing practices. Frequent hand-washing breaks will be built into the daily schedule.
- Games and activities will be limited to those that promote social distancing.
- Toys, once used, will be sanitized before being placed back into rotation. Only toys that can be disinfected will be permitted. Machine washable toys may not be used at any time.
- No center-wide events or field trips will be held.
- Encourage and teach, in an age-appropriate way, social distancing best practices for preschoolers.
- Children will remain in the same group all day, without interaction with other groups.
- Rooms and activities, such as nap time and meals, will be set-up to promote social distancing.
- Access to the facility will be limited to authorized staff and officials. No visitors or volunteers will be permitted. Necessary vendors will be required to follow all YMCA health and safety procedures.
We will continue to follow guidance from government and health officials to evaluate and update guidelines as needed.