SWIMMING/POOL REOPENING GUIDE
At the Y we believe swimming is a critical lifelong skill, a great way to stay active throughout your life and it’s just plain fun! YMCA lap pools are currently open for lap swimming. We look forward to welcoming you back to our pools recreational swimming with your family on or after June 29 (June 22 for Clark and Floyd County YMCAs in Indiana). We are reopening our pools with your safety as our number one priority and in accordance with all state and local guidelines.
GENERAL HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Members are encouraged to come dressed to swim to reduce touch points and contacts in locker rooms.
- Members must bring all of their own equipment, such as towel, lock, flippers, goggles, etc.
- Individuals/families are required to maintain appropriate social distancing while on the pool deck and in the pool.
- Lap swimming is limited to one person per lane to meet physical distancing requirements. Reservations are strongly encouraged to ensure a lane is available when you arrive. Make a reservation.
- Face masks are not required while swimming but will be required in common areas and on the pool deck.
- Pool deck seating will be removed to prevent congregating.
- Pool hours may be reduced, capacities limited and some locations may offer reservations.
- All hard surfaces and touch points will be cleaned hourly.
STAFF HEALTH & SAFETY
- Staff will receive a daily health screening, including temperature checks. Lifeguards will wear a green swim necklace to indicate a successful screening.
- Lifeguards will not wear masks for safety reasons.
- Capacity will be limited in accordance with state guidelines and to ensure adequate space for physical distancing.
- Members will not be required to wear masks while in the pool, but will be required to wear one while entering/exiting and in common areas such as locker/changing rooms.
- Calypso Cove hours will be reduced and divided into blocks with 30 minute breaks in between for cleaning and sanitizing.
- Reservations will be strongly encouraged. Walk-ins will be allowed on a first-come, first served basis until our maximum capacity is reached.
- Calypso Cove will be open to members only who have Calypso Cove added to their membership. Guests, Nationwide members and local YMCA members who have not upgraded their membership to include the waterpark will not be permitted in order to maintain physical distancing and reduced capacity requirements.
- Members over 13 may check themselves into Calypso Cove without an adult. For their safety and security, members age 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult (age 21+) at all times during their time at the water park. Adult supervision is encouraged to monitor social distancing.
- Family Stations will be marked on the pool deck to maintain physical distancing.
- The Snack Shack and water fountains are temporarily closed but as always, we encourage our members to bring their own healthy snacks and drinks but please refrain from bringing any bottles, containers, or other various items that are made of glass.
- Limited seating will be available to prevent congregating. Members are encouraged to bring their own seating.
CALYPSO COVE WATERPARK - WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- We will start the check in process with members who have made reservations first.
- We will then allow entry on a first come first serve basis until our capacity is reached.
- Upon check in, all members will have their temperatures checked and children will have their height measured to determine if they will need to wear a swim necklace inside of the park.
- Please have your barcode ready for scanning when you get to the membership desk.
- Children four years of age or younger are required to wear both a disposable AND tight fitting reusable swim diaper. Please have those out as well to verify upon check in. If you do not have these items, they are available for purchase at the Calypso Cove membership desk.
- Sanitizing bottles have been made available should you feel more comfortable having one and masks are only required before and when entering the park, in the locker rooms, and when exiting the park.
- A 10 minute break will be taken after the first hour of your session. We ask that you take that time to let your little ones use the restroom, re-apply sunscreen, and re-hydrate.
- A reminder announcement will be made 30 minutes before the end of your session to allow you time to start preparing to exit the park. Our 30 minute disinfecting period will begin promptly at the end of your session to allow us enough time to have the park sanitized and re-opened for the next session.
- The exit can be found to the left side of the water park as you enter from the main entrance. Please place your used sanitizing bottle and swim necklace in the bins provided as you exit.