SWIMMING/POOL HEALTH AND SAFETY
At the Y, we believe swimming is a critical lifelong skill, a great way to stay active throughout your life and it’s just plain fun! Our YMCA lap and recreational pools are now open with your safety as our number one priority and in accordance with all state and local guidelines.
HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Members are encouraged to come dressed to swim to reduce touch points and contacts in locker rooms.
- Members must bring all of their own equipment, such as towel, lock, flippers, goggles, etc.
- Individuals/families are required to maintain appropriate social distancing while on the pool deck and in the pool.
- Lap swimming is limited to two people per lane to meet physical distancing requirements. Reservations are strongly encouraged to ensure a lane is available when you arrive. Make a reservation.
- Face masks are not required while swimming but will be required in all areas up to the start of swimming activity.
STAFF HEALTH & SAFETY
- Staff will receive a daily health screening, including temperature checks.
- Lifeguards will not wear masks for safety reasons unless approached by member or participant.