LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA is a 12-week evidence-based physical activity and well-being program designed to help adult cancer survivors reclaim their health and well-being before, during and after treatment. LIVESTRONG at the YMCA helps participants move beyond cancer in spirit, mind and body. Participants work with Y staff trained in supportive cancer care to safely achieve their goals, such as increasing flexibility and endurance, building muscle, and improving capacity to perform daily activities. Participants in the LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program receive a complimentary 3-month Y membership for themselves and their family or a caregiver.
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is currently offering daytime programs at the following locations: Chestnut Street Family YMCA, Northeast Family YMCA, Oldham County Family YMCA and YMCA at Norton Commons.
- Increase flexibility and endurance
- Enhance functional ability to do everyday tasks
- Improve energy levels and build muscle mass and strength
- Reduce severity of any side effects or limitations from surgery or therapy
- Develop an on-going physical fitness program, not only as a part of recovery but as a way of life
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION
- Strong personal desire and commitment to participate in the program
- Medical release for participation from doctor
REGISTRATION AND QUESTIONS
To register or for more information regarding LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, contact Barb Millhollan, Community Development and LIVESTRONG at the YMCA Director, at 502.329.4793 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For specific details regarding LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program at the Chestnut Street Family YMCA, please contact Renee Maxwell at email@example.com.