LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA is a free program tailored to meet the specific needs of adult cancer survivors who would like to improve or reclaim their health and well-being before, during and after treatment.
The small group exercise and support program meets with certified instructors who have completed specialized YMCA of the USA training in the elements of cancer, rehabilitative exercise and supportive cancer care.
Participants in the LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program receive a complimentary 3-month Y membership for themselves and their family or a caregiver.
Looking for specific information? Use the links below to find what you're looking for.
- Sessions offered at the following YMCA locations: Chestnut Street, Clark County, Floyd County, Northeast, Norton Commons, Oldham County, and Southeast
Please contact the branch for specific session details.
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is free for adult cancer survivors.
18 and up
The Y is for everyone. If you're looking for financial help, we offer affordable membership and program rates based on household income. Please stop by the branch or give us a call to discuss whether you are eligible for assistance.
By focusing on the whole person and not the disease, this YMCA cancer survivor program helps participants move beyond cancer in spirit, mind and body. Program goals include:
- Increase flexibility and endurance
- Enhance functional ability to do everyday tasks
- Improve energy levels and build muscle mass and strength
- Reduce the severity of any side effects or limitations from surgery or treatement
- Develop an ongoing physical fitness program, not only as a part of recovery but as a way of life
Participation requires a medical release from your doctor.
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA participants receive a complimentary three-month Y membership for themselves and their family or a caregiver.
Whatever your goal — weight loss, toning, stress relief, endurance — there is a group fitness class at the YMCA to suit your needs.
The Y's Weight Loss Challenge strives to help you lose weight in a healthy way. With the help of trained facilitators and a focus on nutrition and...
Get fit in the pool! From higher-intensity water fitness classes to more accessible offerings, we strive to meet your goals whatever your fitness...