SWIM LESSONS HEALTH AND SAFETY
Swim lessons provide children with an opportunity to build lifesaving skills, gain confidence, make friends and have fun. Even in these challenging times, the Y is working to provide a healthy, safe environment for children to continue to benefit from swim lessons. The safety of our participants and staff is our top priority and we will be following all guidelines established by health experts. Please keep in mind; these guidelines are subject to change based on new information or additional guidance from health officials.
GENERAL HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available at each pool.
- All shared equipment will be disinfected before, between and after lessons.
- Swimmers and parents who are not feeling well will be required to stay home.
STAFF HEALTH & SAFETY
- Staff will receive a daily health screening, including temperature checks.
- YMCA staff will wear masks while working in the branch while swim lesson instructors will wear clear, acrylic face shields while in the water and a mask when teaching from the deck.
- Staff are required to thoroughly wash/sanitize hands at the start of their shift and between swim lessons interactions.
SWIM LESSON GUIDELINES
ENTERING/STAYING/LEAVING POOL AREAS
- Swimmers are encouraged to arrive and leave the facility with their swimsuits on.
- Swimmers are required to rinse off prior to swimming using locker room showers and/or pool deck showers.
- When arriving for swim lessons, participants will meet at designated area.
- Parents will maintain proper social distancing and sit/stand in marked designated areas.
- Parents must wear a mask the entire time they are in the facility including the pool deck.
- Swim families must refrain from congregating in the lobby or outside the building. This applies to parents who are waiting or picking up their swim family.
- In all swim lessons, swimmers are encouraged to maintain 6 feet of social distancing when in the water, on the pool wall and on the pool deck.
- Refrain from making physical contact with others.
- Avoid sharing goggles, towels and equipment.
- Face covering could present a drowning hazard and is prohibited for swimmers.
- Please leave the facility directly following swim lessons.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer when leaving the pool/facility.
- Shower and change your suit at home.
- Remember to put your mask back on after swimming before leaving the facility.