YOUTH SPORTS REOPENING GUIDE
Youth sports provide children with an opportunity to gain confidence, build lifelong healthy habits, make friends and have fun. Even in these challenging times the Y is working to provide a healthy, safe environment for children to continue to benefit from participation in sports programs. The safety of our participants and staff is our top priority and we will be following all guidelines established by health experts. Please keep in mind, these guidelines are subject to change based on new information or additional guidance from health officials.
GENERAL HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Staff & volunteers will be required to complete a health screening prior to each practice/game. High touch indoor sports will require a temperature screening for all staff, participants, coaches and spectators.
- Participants will be required to complete a weekly health screening, including temperature check.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available at each field/court/site.
- Team sizes will be limited to 8-10 to encourage distancing and reduce crowds for practices/games.
- All shared equipment will be disinfected before, between and after games/practices.
- Coaches’ meetings/trainings will be conducted virtually.
- Items left after practices/games will be thrown away. No "lost-and-found” will be allowed.
- Participants and parents who are not feeling well will be required to stay home.
STAFF HEALTH & SAFETY
- Staff & volunteers will receive a daily health screening, including temperature checks.
- Staff & volunteers will wear masks while on duty.
- Staff are required to thoroughly wash/sanitize hands at the start of their shift and between team interactions.
PRACTICE & GAME GUIDELINES
- Games/practices will be scheduled to allow cleaning/sanitizing between groups.
- A maximum of one team per half field/court will be permitted for practices or games.
- Coaches must wear a mask or face shield. A mask/shield will not be required to cover their mouth when coaching from more than 10 feet away.
- Coaches will be provided with a full season’s drills and activities designed to incorporate social/physical distancing.
- Practices will focus on individual skill development. Scrimmaging will not be permitted during practices.
- Spectators will be limited to one (1) per participant during practices and two (2) per participant during game to allow for social distancing.
- Team snacks will not be permitted during games/practices.
- Spectators and participants not actively playing must wear face masks on the sidelines. Appropriate physical distance should be maintained from anyone not in your household.
- Coaches/teams will cheer and clap as a sign of respect. No pre/post game contact (high fives/handshakes) will be permitted.
- Pre/post practice and game meeting should be limited to 5 minutes with the coach maintaining a minimum 10 feet of distance from their team.