This class is designed to provide the skills necessary to effectively assess and maintain life during the critical moments immediately following an emergency. Areas covered include sudden illness, body wounds, burns and heat-and-cold-related emergencies.
Students are taught how to:
- Perform CPR for infants, children and adults
- One-person and two-person rescuers
- how and when to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Use of a barrier device during rescue breathing
- How to relieve a foreign body airway obstruction
- Cardiac Chain of Survival
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
This course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-and-out of hospital settings. This audience includes lifeguards, nurses, physicians, EMS professionals, healthcare program students and allied health Professionals.
UPCOMING 2021 CLASSES
BLS (CPR) ONLY (9 AM-3 PM)March 27
BLS (CPR) & FIRST AID (5:30 PM-8:30 PM)April 14