Matter of Balance is an award-winning evidence-based fall prevention program that emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
A Matter of Balance is an award-winning evidence-based fall prevention program that emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
Participants learn to:
- View falls as controllable
- Set goals for increasing activity
- Make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- Exercise to increase strength and balance
Who should attend?
- Anyone concerned about falls
- Anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- Anyone who has fallen in the past
- Anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Use the button below to see upcoming sessions that are currently available for online registration.
If no sessions are available for online registration, please contact the branch directly to learn when the next session is scheduled and to register.
Our goal is to assist active older adults in staying healthy and active physically, mentally and socially. In addition to exercise programs designed...
Get fit in the pool! From higher-intensity aqua fitness classes to more accessible offerings, we strive to meet your goals whatever your fitness level...
Whatever your goal — weight loss, toning, stress relief, endurance — there is a group fitness class at the YMCA to suit your needs.