With so many demands on today's families, parents need all the help they can get. That's why the YMCA is America's largest nonprofit child care provider. At the Y, we offer affordable before- and after-school child care with a safe, nurturing environment for children to learn, grow and develop social skills
In partnership with Bullitt County Public schools, the Y offers before- and after-school programs for students in kindergarten through 8th grade.
All of our highly trained, hand-picked staff are CPR and First Aid certified and receive extensive hours of training and professional development. We run background checks on all of our staff, so we know that we have the very best role models. Since safety is our priority, we make sure that we meet or exceed state staff-to-child ratios.
Looking for specific information? Use the links below to find what you're looking for.
Hours: 6 am to the start of the school day, and from school dismissal to 6 pm
We offer continuous care from 6 am to 6 pm during school breaks.
Kindergarten through 8th grade
The Y is for everyone. If you're looking for financial help, we offer affordable membership and program rates based on household income. Please stop by the branch or give us a call to discuss whether you are eligible for assistance.
- Cedar Grove Elementary, 1900 Cedar Grove Road
- Crossroads Elementary, 156 Erin Circle
- Freedom Elementary, 4683 North Preston Highway
- Mt. Washington Elementary, 9234 Highway 44 East
- Old Mill Elementary, 11540 Highway 44 East
Overdale Elementary, 651 Overdale Dr
- Pleasant Grove Elementary, 6415 Highway 44 East
- Roby Elementary, 1148 Highway 44 East
- Shepherdsville Elementary, 527 West Blue Lick Road
- Bernheim Middle (to Cedar Grove)
- Brooks Elementary (to Freedom)
- Bullitt Lick Middle (to Shepherdsville)
- Eastside Middle (to Pleasant Grove)
- Hebron Middle (to Pleasant Grove)
- Maryville Elementary (to Overdale)
- Mt. Washington Middle (to Crossroads)
- Nichols Elementary (to Shepherdsville)
- Zoneton Middle (to Overdale)
Here's some of what you can expect from our school-age child care program:
- All of our highly qualified staff are CPR and First Aid certified and receive extensive hours of training and professional development.
- We're open around the year (snow days and school breaks, too!).
- We keep kids interested while having fun with our imaginative academic activities.
- We always encourage healthy eating habits and physical activity, and we provide nutritious snacks.
- We focus on improving literacy.
- We offer homework assistance.
Use the button below to see upcoming sessions that are currently available for online registration as well as detailed pricing. Sibling discounts are available and will be applied during registration.
If no sessions are available for online registration, please call 502-955-6433 to learn when the next session is scheduled and to register.
School-Age Child Care programs offer continuous care during school breaks, including in-service and snow days, breaks and summer camps. In addition to our usual before-school and after-school activities that encourage academic enrichment, building self-esteem, healthy snacks and physical activity, we also have engaging theme-based activities and we take fun field trips during school breaks. For more details on child care for school breaks, please call.
When schools are closed due to inclement weather, sites will be consolidated. We'll offer a full day of activities from 6 am - 6 pm for participants (traffic and weather permitting). Our snow day care is available for currently registered participants only and operates on a first-come, first-serve basis. If a site reaches capacity, you may be asked to choose another location. On snow days, children should bring a sack lunch along with a hat, gloves, boots and a warm coat.
Snow Day Sites
- Mount Washington Elementary
- Roby Elementary
In order for children to attend child care during in-service days, registration must be completed. We will have sign-up sheets at all of our sites during each in-service day. Spaces are limited so sign up early!
Please send your child with a non-refrigerated sack lunch, we'll provide a healthy morning and afternoon snack. If your site is going on a field trip, please drop off your child by the designated time in order to ensure care for the day
In-service days will be included in your child's attendance for the week unless the full day is the only day they attend. If your child is signed up for a specific day, you will be charged for the full day of care, regardless of attendance.
Bullitt Day Sites
- Freedom Elementary
- Mount Washington Elementary
- Roby Elementary
When school is out, the Y is here! Our school break camps keep kids active, engaged, and active in a fun and safe environment. We offer full-day care during school breaks.
At the YMCA, our child care options meet your child's needs by giving them positive attention and encouraging their social development. Our...
At the YMCA of Greater Louisville, we make strengthening community our cause. That's why we're America's largest nonprofit child care provider...
The YMCA of Greater Louisville's summer camp programs for kids and teens offer powerful learning environments. At our camps, a child’s social...